Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Two and a half...

So the twins are almost two and a half years old already! I realize I have slacked BADLY on this blog, but I want to make some memories as well as share stories and fun things with my readers.... So, let's do some catching up.....

Charlotte: Since she was born first, we'll start with her.. She's a talkative little girl who's favorite color is usually purple but she's also quite fond of pink. If you ask her what she wants to eat, she will most likely tell you pizza, even though she actually does not eat much pizza. She has a fascination with shoes. When walking by perfect strangers she will say "Look mamma, shoes" or today at a park she said to a friend of mine "I wike your fop fops" (can you decipher that?). She is going through a funny phase lately with the word "favorite". She will dig through her drawers picking out various items of clothing and say "dis is my favorite shirt" "dis is my favorite dress!" usually it is her "suit" (swimming suit) or various pairs of shoes, did I mention she loves shoes? She can parrot almost anything you say to her, which has gotten me in trouble a few times when she said "oh crap" and "oh gosh!" (over and over again because Charlotte usually does not say anything ONE time!).

Zander: He has merged into a total boy... No, not that he was not all boy before, he's always been a total BOY, but he used to be a calm little sweetheart who could just sit and watch people, a gentle soul who would come up to me for frequent snuggles and kisses... Now days it is kiss attacks (that sometimes actually hurt, but I still love them), andhis shy/timid personality has been long gone! This kid has no fear at all, and he's not shy! He is quick as lightning, especially when he's doing something I'd rather him not do and gets caught. Zander likes to use the word "share" often, but in all honesty he is REALLY good at sharing. He is starting to use a lot more words lately, and I notice he must be learning his words from Charlotte, because he's using some of her "wrong" words that we love so much (like calling sunglasses "cha-chas" and milk is "milka". Zander loves to blow on our tummy, we call them tummy farts... but he's just as happy blowing on an arm or even leg. He also likes to stand on top of things and jump. He will stand on my tummy while I am laying down, and he jumps off, or he will sit on my belly and bounce (ouch)!

They can both say each others names now, and their own. It's precious to hear them talking to each other. Charlotte seems to try to be "mommy" to Zander. They can both sneak two chairs up to the kitchen counter and scale up them before I realize what is going on, it's been interesting this particular age.

They love to do crafts together, like finger painting, or drawing. They both can draw a circle if you as. They are getting to know their colors really well, and are starting to say/understand some basic shapes.

Zander is still a binky boy, but only during naps and bed time. Charlotte prefers carrying around a blanky (usually insisting on the pink one or green one depending on her mood, it used to only be the pink one).

They love to go to the store, or park and will tell you that is where they want to go. "Go sore!" "go pay swide!" (go store and go play slide). Then as soon as they establish we are going somewhere they both run all over finding and saying: "shoes!", pulling those on then saying "i drive beep beep mommy!" or "we go mommies van!"

I mentioned earlier that Zander has no fears... (except for maybe ME when he's being naughty lol). Charlotte however has a lot of fears. Every now and then she will see a fly or bee or even a blowing leaf, and suddenly she's in hysterics! Lately it's been flies, with the weather being hot, the flies found their way in to the house or car at times, and she would panic!

This summer has been SO busy! They finally like water, so they've gone swimming a number of times. The first time was in The Dalles at my sister's hotel she was staying in during her b-day/Tylers graduation. Next was at Michael's (my friend from Chicago) hotel when he came to visit. We then went on a big road trip with Anthony's family to Roseburg and swam at the hotel as well as at Diamond Lake. After we got back from that, I took the twins to Rock Creek Reservoir in Oregon for my mom's family reunion. We have a little pool in the yard they have used a number of times as well.

It's so fun to watch these two little people grow up and develop. Charlotte is a smart little cookie and really quick with learning, especially with her vocabulary. Zander learns on his own most of the time, I will watch him as he examines his toys and how they function. I try not to miss even the smallest thing, like the perfect placement of freckle/mole's, one on Charlotte's arm, on her chest, and a perfect one on her shin. Zander has an adorable one on his hand near his knuckles. Speaking of knuckles, they prefer that rather then a high five, but often they come in "sets" so you get both!

There are so many more things, and I plan to add more. Please come back let me share with you my joy. Until then, "byebye! You go work?!" (this is what Charlotte will say if someone is leaving the house).

No comments: